Challenge: Virtual Walk/Run 1.1 Miles for Girls
Time & Location
About the Event
It’s time to take action & challenge others to do so, too! Run or walk 1.1 miles for every girl in your life starting Oct. 5-11! This is a great opportunity to start the conversation about gender equality & norms with your children, partner, friends, students and family. Together we can give girls a voice and create a more equal future for them. Here’s how to do it:
- Create your route (this could be around your neighborhood, favorite park or San Antonio River trails.
- Use your favorite app to GPS your run or walk anytime between Oct. 5-11
- Share your walk or run as a public post on either Facebook or Instagram.
- Challenge 11 friends by tagging them and use the hashtags #GirlEquality #DayOfTheGirlSA
- Pick up your fiesta medal, show your post at the curbside order doors (follow the signs) at the Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center on Sat., Oct. 10, Tues., Oct. 13 or Thurs., Oct. 14 between 10 a.m.-2 p.m.